I have some medical problems and would like to learn whether I can be issued airman medical certification. Where can I get further information?
There are several sources for information regarding medical conditions and airman medical certification.
- Aviation Medical Examiners (AMEs): There are approximately 3,500 physicians around the globe who are FAA-designated AMEs. AMEs are authorized to receive applications, to perform physical examinations and to issue airman medical certificates.
- Aerospace Medical Certification Division, AAM-300
Federal Aviation Administration
Civil Aerospace Medical Institute
P.O. Box 25082
Oklahoma City, OK 73125
- FAA, Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners
- FAA, Regional Flight Surgeons.
- Pilot organizations: Two of the largest pilot organizations are the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA, 800.236.4800) and the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA, 800.872.2672).