Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) Program
- Process applications of physicians interested in becoming a FAA Aviation Medical Examiners (AME). Once the determination of need has been made for a particular geographic area and necessary criteria are met, the designation as an AME is completed.
- Process dedesignations for those AMEs that resign, retire, or otherwise no longer meet criteria for designation.
- Monitor AME training, performance, and level of activity.
- Schedule AMEs and AME-designees for required aeromedical recurrency training.
- Track demographic information in order to publish an AME regional/national directory and assist pilots in locating AME offices.
Page last modified: March 17, 2015 1:52:37 PM EDT
This page was originally published at: http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/medical_certification/rfs/programs/ame/