Aviation Medical Examiner (AME) Program
- Process applications of physicians interested
in becoming a FAA Aviation Medical Examiners (AME). Once the determination
of need has been made for a particular geographic area and necessary
criteria are met, the designation as an AME is completed.
- Process dedesignations for those AMEs that
resign, retire, or otherwise no longer meet criteria for designation.
- Monitor AME training, performance, and level
- Schedule AMEs and AME-designees for required aeromedical recurrency
- Track demographic information in order to
publish an AME regional/national
directory and assist pilots in locating AME offices.