For Immediate Release
May 19, 2006
Contact: Mike Fergus or Allen Kenitzer
Phone: (425) 227-2004
Renton, WA — The Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) for the proposed replacement airport of the current St. George Municipal Airport will be available to the public, on Friday, May 19, 2006, the Federal Aviation Administration announced today. The FEIS official availability will be published in the Federal Register the same date. A public comment period on the FEIS’s newly updated, refined information, and analysis on air quality and noise, to include an audibility analysis, begins that day, and closes on July 3, 2006.
The FAA prepared the FEIS to address potential environmental impacts resulting from the development of the proposed replacement airport with its 9,300-foot runway, all support facilities, passenger terminal, parking, fuel farm facilities, etc. The FEIS also presents the purpose and need for the proposed replacement airport and an analysis of possible alternatives. The document includes responses to comments received by the FAA on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS).
The National Park Service is a cooperating federal agency for this FEIS due to potential noise impact on Zion National Park and other potentially noise-sensitive properties in the area.
The FEIS will be available for review at the locations listed below during normal business hours.
* Cedar City Library, 303 North 100 East, Cedar City, UT 84720.
* Hurricane Valley Branch, 36 South 300 West, Hurricane, UT 84737.
* Santa Clara Branch, 1099 North Lava Flow Drive, St. George, UT 84770.
* Springdale Branch, 898 Zion Park Blvd, Springdale, UT 84767-0509.
* Washington County, 50 South Main, St. George, UT 84770.
* Salt Lake City– Main Library, 210 E 400 S., Salt Lake City, UT 84111.
* Kanab City Library – 374 N. Main Street, Kanab, Utah 84741.
* Zion National Park Headquarters – Springdale, UT 84767-1099.
* Las Vegas – Main Branch, 2300 Civic Center Drive, No. Vegas, NV 89030.
* Los Angeles County Library – Main Branch, 12700 Grevillea Ave, Hawthorne, CA 90250.
* Flagstaff Coconino County – Main Library, 300 W. Aspen Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86001.
A limited number of copies of the FEIS and related documents also will be available for review by appointment only at the following FAA or City of St. George offices:
* FAA, Northwest Mountain Region Office, 1601 Lind Avenue, S.W., Suite 315, Renton, WA 98055, (425) 227-2611.
* FAA, Denver Airports District Office, 26805 East 68th Avenue, Suite 224, Denver, CO 80249, (303) 342-1252.
* St. George Municipal Building, 175 East 200 North, St. George, UT 84770, (435) 634-5800.
* St. George Airport, 620 S. Airport Road, St. George, UT 84770, (435) 634-5822.
An electronic copy of the FEIS also will be available as of May 19, 2006, on the project website and can be accessed at http://www.airportsites.net/sgu-eis.
The public may submit written comments to FAA to the address below. Written comments on new, revised, and updated information and analyses in Appendix T through Y and in Chapter 6, Section 6.4, Air Quality must be received by 5 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time, July 3, 2006 addressed to:
Mr. T.J. Stetz, Regional Environmental Protection Specialist
Federal Aviation Administration
NW Mountain Region, Airports Division
1601 Lind Avenue, SW., Suite 315
Renton, Washington 98055-4056
Tel: (425) 227-2611 / fax: (425) 227-1600 / email: TJ.Stetz@faa.gov .