New Technology in Aviation | January/February 2014
- Jan/Feb (PDF, 7.46 MB) For any compatible viewer
- Jan/Feb (EPUB) For iPad/Nook/Android
- Jan/Feb (MOBI) For Kindle
The Jan/Feb 2014 issue of FAA Safety Briefing explores the important role technology plays in keeping general aviation safe and efficient. Articles discuss the many benefits of emerging technologies as well as the potential safety hazards of being too technologically focused.
Getting Back in the Game | March/April 2014
- Mar/Apr (PDF, 6.74 MB) For any compatible viewer
- Mar/Apr (EPUB) For iPad/Nook/Android
- Mar/Apr (MOBI) For Kindle
The March/April 2014 issue of FAA Safety Briefing takes a look at what it takes to "get back in the flying game." Whether it’s transitioning to a new type of aircraft, or returning from a flying hiatus, the articles here will provide safety and training advice and help you fine tune your plan for returning to the skies.
Leveraging Certification and Standards to Avoid Monstrous Maintenance Mistakes | May/June 2014
- May/June (PDF, 9.37 MB) For any compatible viewer
- May/June (EPUB) For iPad/Nook/Android
- May/June (MOBI) For Kindle
The May/June 2014 issue of FAA Safety Briefing is all about Airworthiness Certification and Standards. In this issue we look at the hidden dangers of layering supplemental type certificates (STC), who to go to when your plane has an issue, and how to take care of an aging aircraft. In addition, you can learn more about the airworthiness directive process and how to apply for an STC.