System Networked Facilities (FAC) focuses on delivering a facility infrastructure that supports the transformation of air navigation service delivery unencumbered by legacy constraints. NextGen facilities will provide for expanded services; service continuity; and optimal deployment and training of the workforce, all supported by cost-effective and flexible systems for information sharing and back-up.
Activity: Integration, Development and Operations Analysis Capability
- Continues to enhance, operate and maintain the operations analysis capability to support the development of iterative designs to evaluate concepts and alternatives. This will provide for an integrated environment ranging from low- to high-fidelity capabilities to support NextGen concept validation and requirements, which are required to facilitate the transition of NextGen technologies in the National Airspace System.
- Completed: Designed and implemented airline operations center capability for NextGen Integration and Evaluation Capability (NIEC)
- Complete the technical refresh analysis report for the reconfigurable cockpit simulator and initiate the procurement of equipment to support the NIEC technical refresh
- Install a mini-Traffic Flow Management Production Center and integrate Traffic Flow Management Auxiliary Platform into the NIEC
Activity: NextGen Test Bed/Demonstration Sites
- Continues to expand the NextGen Test Bed capabilities in Daytona Beach, Fla. This program will continue integration activities between the NextGen Test Beds, increase system capabilities and improve operational fidelity of the environment. The NextGen Test Bed is a multi-domain demonstration and testing facility that integrates individual airspace domains and allows for end-to-end demonstrations, evaluations and testing in line with the NextGen gate-to-gate concept.
- Completed: Provided additional Florida Test Bed infrastructure to enhance demonstration capabilities
- Provide hardware, and network equipment to enable connectivity to remote FAA, NASA and Industry sites
- Integrate systems between the Florida Test Bed and remote sites to leverage shared capabilities and enable inter-facility demonstration activities