ADS-B Out Equipped?
Find out how your system is performing!
Email 9-AWA-AFS-300-ADSB-AvionicsCheck@faa.gov and include your N-number, ADS-B transmitter & GPS make/model numbers to find out.
Download Video: FLV
ADS-B in the Gulf of Mexico
04:49 | March 8, 2010
This video shows the impact that ADS-B technology has on operations in the Gulf of Mexico.
NextGen Works for JetBlue
02:42 | May 22, 2014
JetBlue's Joe Bertapelle describes how the airline benefits from ADS-B.
ADS-B Broadcast Services
06:58 | July 23, 2010
An informational video aimed at providing GA pilots with essential information about the benefits of ADS-B Broadcast Services
NextGen Transformational and Supporting Programs
- Collaborative Air Traffic Management Technologies (CATMT) is a suite of enhancements to the decision-support and data-sharing tools used by air traffic management personnel. These enhancements will enable a more collaborative environment among controllers and operators, improving efficiency in the National Airspace System.
- Data Communications (Data Comm) will enable controllers to send digital instructions and clearances to pilots. Precise visual messages that appear on a cockpit display can interact with an aircraft's flight computer. Offering reduced opportunities for error, Data Comm will supplant voice communications as the primary means of communication between controllers and flight crews.
- Common Support Services–Weather (CSS-Wx), formerly known as NextGen Network Enabled Weather, will provide the FAA and National Airspace System users with same-time access to a unified aviation weather picture via the System Wide Information Management network. This will enable collaborative and dynamic decision making among all users of the NAS.
- The National Airspace System Voice System (NVS) will supplant FAA's aging analog voice communication system with state-of-the-art digital technology. NVS will standardize the voice communication infrastructure among FAA facilities, and provide greater flexibility to the air traffic control system.
- System Wide Information Management (SWIM) is the network structure that will carry NextGen digital information. SWIM will enable cost-effective, real-time data exchange and sharing among users of the National Airspace System.
- ADS-B Final Rule (PDF)
- ADS-B In ARC Charter
- ADS-B Avionics Status (PDF)
- A153 Application Checklist
- FAA ADS-B Safety Briefing (PDF)
- Airworthiness Approval AC 20-165A (PDF)
- Airworthiness Approval AC 20-172A (PDF)
- FAA AC 90-114, Change 1 (ADS-B Operations) (PDF)
- ADS-B Avionics Technical Standard Order TSO-C195a (PDF)
- 978Mhz Technical Standard Order TSO-C154c (PDF)
- 1090Mhz Technical Standard Order TSO-C166b (PDF)
- ADS-B-In ARC Report-September 2011 (PDF)
- ADS-B ARC Report-September 2008 (PDF)