A Strong Nucleus
A Strong Nucleus
- Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) is FAA's satellite-based successor to radar. ADS-B makes use of GPS technology to determine and share precise aircraft location information, and streams additional flight information to the cockpits of properly equipped aircraft.
- NextGen Weather, Common Support Services-Weather (CSS-Wx) is part of an interagency effort to provide users of the National Airspace System with quick, easy and cost-effective access to timely, accurate weather information. Through the sharing of common weather data, CSS-Wx will enhance safety and support collaborative decision making.
- System Wide Information Management (SWIM) is the network structure that will carry NextGen digital information. SWIM will enable cost-effective, real-time data exchange and sharing among users of the National Airspace System.
- Collaborative Air Traffic Management Technologies (CATMT) is a NextGen Transformational Program that provides enhancements to the existing Traffic Flow Management System (TFMS).
- National Airspace System Voice System (NVS) will supplant FAA's aging analog voice communication system with state-of-the-art digital technology. NVS will standardize the voice communication infrastructure among FAA facilities, and provide greater flexibility to the air traffic control system.
- Atlantic Interoperability Initiative to Reduce Emissions (AIRE) is a cooperative agreement between the United States and the European Commission to promote and harmonize environmental initiatives and procedures in European and North American airspace.
- DataComm Data Communications will enable controllers to send digital instructions and clearances to pilots.
- What is NextGen? (November 2, 2011)
- Aviation's Economic Impact (November 2, 2011)
- A Strong Nucleus (November 2, 2011)
- NextGen Now (November 16, 2011)
- NextGen Dashboard Lands On Time (January 30, 2012)
- Start Spreading The News (June 29, 2012)
- FAA Commemorates 9/11 with NextGen arrival profiles (September 26, 2012)
- Going Gate to Gate (April 19, 2013)
- Update Goes Electronic (June 21, 2013)
- Santa Story 2013 (December 6, 2013)