Measuring Operational Results From Nextgen
Aircraft lined up for take-off can now roll sooner, allowing more take-offs and landings within an hour thanks to improved NextGen analysis of wake turbulence.
Got NextGen? Check out our maps and find out which NextGen improvements are available where you live and fly.
Every winter, flocks of "snowbirds" make their way from chilly northern climates to Fort Lauderdale. For 16 months, the airport is down to one runway and delays seemed inevitable. But with efficient planning and a NextGen tool, Fort Lauderdale flights have a better on-time arrival rate than before.
Would you rather spend two hours on the plane or two hours on the beach? NextGen-equipped aircraft heading to Fort Lauderdale can avoid long reroutes around thunderstorms and fly the fastest route across the Gulf of Mexico.
A joint FAA-aviation community effort, which tracks the milestones of the NextGen Priorities Joint Implementation Plan. These are capabilities that will provide significant near-term benefits to the National Airspace System.
The FAA uses a comprehensive, cross-agency portfolio approach to implement NextGen capabilities. Learn more about the portfolios and locations where NextGen capabilities have been implemented.
View Performance Indicators
Even as NextGen initiatives continue to be deployed, many airports are already taking advantage of NextGen capabilities. Here is the progress for 30 Core Airports.
NextGen is improving traffic flow in metroplexes: metropolitan areas where airports in close proximity make for complex airspace. See how metroplexes work and their expected NextGen benefits.
For airline operators, city-pair performance is the most direct way to connect two markets. View performance metrics for city pairs in metroplexes across the United States.
Across the National Airspace System
The benefits of NextGen capabilities and procedures that enhance passengers' experience and improve safety continue to grow. It is crucial to track the progress of those benefits to ensure that we provide improvements that make the kinds of impacts we need.
- Explore the new NextGen Priorities – Joint Implementation Plan Milestones section. These pages provide status updates on a number of high-priority NextGen capabilities
- Check out the updated NextGen Portfolio section that includes the most current overview of the NextGen implementation portfolios and the locations of specific NextGen improvements
- New Key Performance Indicators:
- Average Airborne Time for Key City Pairs
- Airborne Distance for Key City Pairs
- Average Hourly Capacity during Instrument Meteorological Conditions (IMC) for the 30 Core Airports
- Fiscal Year (FY) data for all Access Key Performance Indicators
- Updated Airport diagram maps for the Core 30 Airports
- Links to the 2014 NextGen Implementation Plan