Aerospace Medical Certification Subsystem (AMCS) Online Support
Data Entry Helpful Hints
- Do not double click any of the buttons on the online application. You could be timed out and have to log back in.
- Do not hit the Enter to move from page to page within the exam form. Clicking the Enter key may cause you to be logged out of the system prematurely.
- Do not use your browser's Back and Forward arrows to navigate through the exam. You must click on the buttons at the bottom of each screen (Previous Page, Next Page, or Submit, etc. on it) that were designed for use with the system. Using Back and Forward to move through the data entry screens can cause loss of information and/or being logged out of AMCS.
- Log off the system by clicking on the Logout Button when you are finished.
- When you are finished, be sure to quit the Netscape or Explorer browser program.
- Never leave your computer unattended while you are logged in. Someone else could access your records while you are away from the computer.
- Be sure to set your browser's cache settings to zero, so that any information you view won't be stored on your hard drive.
- Please double check the certificate number before you submit the exam. Entering the wrong certificate number could cause problems later with your office, or with another doctor's office whose certificate number you have mistakenly used.
- Please make sure the airman does not use a pen that bleeds, such as a felt tip marker, on the exam. Ball point pens only! This will help to ensure you can read all of the information on the exam form during the data entry process.
- It might be helpful to note the certificate number on your work copy to ensure you can read it when you are entering the exam data.