Designated Pilot Examiner (DPE)
A DPE is an individual, appointed in accordance with 14 CFR � 183.23, who meets the qualification requirements of the General Aviation Airman Designee Handbook, Order 8900.2,
, and who:
- is technically qualified;
- holds all pertinent category, class, and type ratings for each aircraft related to their designation;
- meets requirements of 14 CFR part 61, �� 61.56, 61.57, and 61.58, as appropriate;
- is current and qualified to act as pilot-in-command (PIC) of each aircraft for which they are authorized;
- maintains at least a third-class medical certificate, if required; and,
- maintains a current flight instructor certificate, if required.
A DPE for a rotorcraft/helicopter designation must hold the appropriate category, class, and, if appropriate, type ratings. Examiner's authorizations will be issued on the basis of each make and basic model of helicopter, regardless of the aircraft's size and power.
Find Designated Pilot Examiners (DPE)