UAS News and Updates
September 25, 2014 – Six companies can now fly small UAS following FAA-approved safety procedures.
August 12, 2014 – Final solicitation details research areas and evaluation criteria.
June 23, 2014 – FAA clarifies rules after recent incidents involving the reckless use of unmanned model aircraft.
June 20, 2014 – Texas A&M-Corpus Christi UAS test site becomes fourth of six sites ready for research flights. Photo: tamuccmarcom
June 10, 2014 – FAA OKs aerial surveys by BP and UAS manufacturer AeroVironment on Alaska's North Slope oilfields.
UAS Press Releases
- 12/10/2014 FAA Grants Five More Commercial UAS Exemptions
- 11/18/2014 FAA Statement on NTSB Decision in Huerta v. Pirker
- 8/15/2014 FAA Salutes National Model Aviation Day
- 8/13/2014 FAA Announces Virginia Tech UAS Test Site Now Operational
- 8/07/2014 FAA Announces New York UAS Test Site Now Operational
- 6/23/2014 FAA Offers Guidance to Model Aircraft Operators
- 6/10/2014 FAA Approves First Commercial UAS Flights over Land
- 6/09/2014 FAA Announces Nevada UAS Test Site Now Operational
- 6/02/2014 FAA to Consider Exemptions for Commercial UAS Movie and TV Production
- 5/05/2014 FAA Announces Alaska UAS Test Site Begins Research Flights
- 4/21/2014 FAA Announces First UAS Test Site Operational
- 3/07/2014 FAA Statement
- 12/30/2013 FAA Selects Unmanned Aircraft Systems Research and Test Sites
- 11/07/2013 FAA Releases Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Roadmap
- 2/14/2013 FAA Announces Request for Proposals For Unmanned Aircraft Systems Research and Test Sites
- 3/07/2012 FAA Asks for Public Input on UAS Test Site Selection