UAS News and Updates
Feb 9, 2016 – The FAA has developed new operating procedures for unmanned aircraft 15-30 miles from D.C.
Feb 3, 2016 – Public service announcement reminds people that drones can't be flown near Levi's Stadium around the big game.
Jan 6, 2016 – The B4UFLY application tells users about any restrictions that exist where they want to fly an unmanned aircraft.
Dec 21, 2015 – The FAA's web-based registration system for small unmanned aircraft system (UAS) hobbyists is now active.
Dec 21, 2015 – The FAA Small UAS registry is expected to go live during the day on December 21.
UAS Press Releases
- 1/22/2016 FAA Registered Nearly 300,000 Unmanned Aircraft Owners
- 12/21/2015 Unmanned Aircraft Registration System Takes Flight
- 12/14/2015 FAA Announces Small UAS Registration Rule
- 11/21/2015 Statement from FAA Administrator Michael Huerta on UAS Registration Task Force Report
- 10/19/2015 U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx Announces Unmanned Aircraft Registration Requirement
- 10/06/2015 FAA Proposes $1.9 Million Civil Penalty Against SkyPan International for Allegedly Unauthorized Unmanned Aircraft Operations
- 9/15/2015 Cities Hosting the Papal Visit are No Drone Zones
- 7/29/2015 FAA: Wildfires and Drones Don't Mix
- 5/8/2015 FAA Selects Mississippi State University Team As Center of Excellence for Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- 5/6/2015 FAA-Industry Initiative Will Expand Small UAS Horizons
- 5/6/2015 FAA's B4UFLY App Will Help UAS Pilots Operate Safely and Legally
- 3/4/2015 NTIA Seeks Comment on Process for Developing Best Practices for Commercial and Private Use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- 2/15/2015 DOT and FAA Propose New Rules for Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- 1/26/2015 NASA, FAA, Industry Conduct Initial Sense-and-Avoid Test
- 12/10/2014 FAA Grants Five More Commercial UAS Exemptions
- 11/18/2014 FAA Statement on NTSB Decision in Huerta v. Pirker
- 8/15/2014 FAA Salutes National Model Aviation Day
- 8/13/2014 FAA Announces Virginia Tech UAS Test Site Now Operational
- 8/07/2014 FAA Announces New York UAS Test Site Now Operational
- 6/23/2014 FAA Offers Guidance to Model Aircraft Operators
- 6/10/2014 FAA Approves First Commercial UAS Flights over Land
- 6/09/2014 FAA Announces Nevada UAS Test Site Now Operational
- 6/02/2014 FAA to Consider Exemptions for Commercial UAS Movie and TV Production
- 5/05/2014 FAA Announces Alaska UAS Test Site Begins Research Flights
- 4/21/2014 FAA Announces First UAS Test Site Operational
- 3/07/2014 FAA Statement
- 12/30/2013 FAA Selects Unmanned Aircraft Systems Research and Test Sites
- 11/07/2013 FAA Releases Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Roadmap
- 2/14/2013 FAA Announces Request for Proposals For Unmanned Aircraft Systems Research and Test Sites
- 3/07/2012 FAA Asks for Public Input on UAS Test Site Selection