UAS News and Updates
May 21, 2015 – The FAA OKs the six UAS test sites to fly at or below 200 feet operations.
May 13, 2015 – New UAS public outreach campaign for the region around Washington, D.C. aimed at visitors and residents.
Apr 9, 2015 – The FAA is now using a streamlined process to expedite Section 333 UAS exemption grants.
Mar 23, 2015 – The FAA will grant broad airspace authorization to unmanned aircraft users flying at or below 200 feet.
Mar 19, 2015 – FAA awards Amazon UAS design airworthiness certificate for research and development and crew training.
UAS Press Releases
- 5/8/2015 FAA Selects Mississippi State University Team As Center of Excellence for Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- 5/6/2015 FAA-Industry Initiative Will Expand Small UAS Horizons
- 5/6/2015 FAA's B4UFLY App Will Help UAS Pilots Operate Safely and Legally
- 3/4/2015 NTIA Seeks Comment on Process for Developing Best Practices for Commercial and Private Use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- 2/15/2015 DOT and FAA Propose New Rules for Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- 1/26/2015 NASA, FAA, Industry Conduct Initial Sense-and-Avoid Test
- 12/10/2014 FAA Grants Five More Commercial UAS Exemptions
- 11/18/2014 FAA Statement on NTSB Decision in Huerta v. Pirker
- 8/15/2014 FAA Salutes National Model Aviation Day
- 8/13/2014 FAA Announces Virginia Tech UAS Test Site Now Operational
- 8/07/2014 FAA Announces New York UAS Test Site Now Operational
- 6/23/2014 FAA Offers Guidance to Model Aircraft Operators
- 6/10/2014 FAA Approves First Commercial UAS Flights over Land
- 6/09/2014 FAA Announces Nevada UAS Test Site Now Operational
- 6/02/2014 FAA to Consider Exemptions for Commercial UAS Movie and TV Production
- 5/05/2014 FAA Announces Alaska UAS Test Site Begins Research Flights
- 4/21/2014 FAA Announces First UAS Test Site Operational
- 3/07/2014 FAA Statement
- 12/30/2013 FAA Selects Unmanned Aircraft Systems Research and Test Sites
- 11/07/2013 FAA Releases Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Roadmap
- 2/14/2013 FAA Announces Request for Proposals For Unmanned Aircraft Systems Research and Test Sites
- 3/07/2012 FAA Asks for Public Input on UAS Test Site Selection