The Federal Aviation Administration evaluates all suggested links using the following criteria:
- Is the recommended website an official government-owned or supported website?
- Does the recommended website provide official government information or services?
- Does the recommended website complement existing information, products, and services on FAA.gov?
- Is the recommended website accessible and applicable to a wide audience?
- Is the recommended website's content relevant, useful, and authoritative for citizens, businesses, and/or government officials?
- Does the recommended website's information appear to be accurate and current?
- Is the recommended website's approach to the privacy of personal information consistent with the government's privacy and security policies?
- Is the recommended website "user-friendly?"
Links to Government Websites
The Federal Aviation Administration can add a link to any government website that is publicly available unless directed not to by the agency that owns the site. Acceptable federal government-owned or government-sponsored website domains include .gov, .mil and .fed.us. FAA.gov also links to: quasi-government agencies and websites created by public sector/private sector partnerships; state and local government sites (for example, www.maryland.gov); and some government-sponsored websites that end in .com, .org, or .net (for example, www.usps.com for the U.S. Postal Service).
Links to Non-Government Websites
In rare instances, FAA.gov links to websites that are not government-owned or government-sponsored if these websites provide government information and/or services in a way that is not available on an official government website. FAA.gov provides these non-government websites as a public service only. The U.S. government, including the Federal Aviation Administration, neither endorses nor guarantees in any way the external organizations, services, advice, or products included in these website links. Furthermore, the U.S. government neither controls nor guarantees the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of the information contained in non-government website links. (See Disclaimer of Endorsement for more information on this topic.)
FAA.gov highlights links of special interest to wide audiences by temporarily posting them in a position of prominence on the website. Featured links may include: online transactions; seasonal information; current topics on the minds of citizens, businesses or government officials; community-level services and information; cross-agency portals that enhance the public's interaction with government; kids' websites; and new links.
FAA.gov will not link to any website that exhibits hate, bias, or discrimination. Furthermore, FAA.gov reserves the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims, or is determined to be in conflict with the Federal Aviation Administration's mission or policies.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
The information posted on FAA.gov includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. FAA.gov provides these links and pointers solely for our users' information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving FAA.gov and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- The Federal Aviation Administration and FAA.gov do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- The Federal Aviation Administration and FAA.gov do not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- The Federal Aviation Administration and FAA.gov cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- The Federal Aviation Administration and FAA.gov are not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- The Federal Aviation Administration and FAA.gov do not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.