Aviation events include air shows, closed course and cross country air races, parachute demonstrations, balloon events, aerobatic contests, and fly-ins conducted before an invited assembly of persons, or an aerobatic practice area for which the FAA issues a Certificate of Waiver or Authorization (CoW/A) FAA Form 7711-1. This website provides information on the application process and associated timelines for completion and submittal of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Form 7711-2, Application for a CoW/A and issuance of FAA Form 7711-1 a CoW/A with appropriate special provisions.
- Volume 3, Chapter 6, Issue a Certificate of Waiver or Authorization for an Aviation Event
- Common Special Provisions (PDF)
- Air Race (PDF)
- Balloon Events (PDF)
- Air Show Special Provisions (PDF)
- Parachute Demonstrations (PDF)
- Aerobatic Practice Areas (APA) and Aerobatic Contest Box (ACB) (PDF)