SMS development for Non-121 Air Operators, MROs and Training Organizations can be furthered by using some core documents and tools. The list (and links) below highlight the base documents, as well as other helpful material and resources.
SMS includes the four Components and 12 Elements, with respective processes. The guidance material and tools highlight functional requirements, design expectations and performance objectives.
- AC 120-92B – Safety Management Systems for Aviation Service Providers
- The Safety Management System Voluntary Program Guide is available by request (see contact information at bottom of page).
- Read the latest happenings in the SMS Newsletter
- Tools specific to Air Operators, MROs, and Training Organizations developing an SMS
- SMS Voluntary Program Gap Analysis Tool (Air Carrier) (MS Excel) This tool can be used for assessing an Air Carrier's organization with respect to SMS requirements of the SMS Voluntary Program Standard.
- SMS Voluntary Program Gap Analysis Tool (Non-Part 121) (MS Excel) This tool can be used for assessing a Maintenance Repair Organization with respect to SMS requirements of the SMS Voluntary Program Standard.
Contact information for Operators, MROs, and Training Organizations
- For participation in the Flight Standards SMS Voluntary Program, contact
James L. Wyrick
Flight Standards, Office of Safety Standards
Assistant Manager, SMS Program Office, AFS-910
- Flight Standards SMS Program Office