Aircraft Evaluation Division (AED) coordinate and assist with aircraft certification and continued airworthiness programs.
24/7 Emergency Alternative Method of Compliance (AMOC) Request applies to Part 25 transport category aircraft and Part 33 Engines.
If you are an Air Carrier, all AMOC issues must first be coordinated through your CMO/FSDO managing your certificate.
CMO/FSDO managers contact any manager within the AED (Aircraft Evaluation Division) to standup a team to resolve the issue.
- Search “AED Manager” in the internal FAA Directory for a mobile contact number. In general, the AED offices handling these requests are located in Seattle, Long Beach and Boston (Engines).
- If you are having trouble accessing the internal FAA Directory, call Brent Bringle, (206) 231-3888 or James Kline, (206) 619-4990 directly.
- Current detailed AMOC guidance can be found in:
- Order 8900.1, Volume 3, Chapter 59, Section 4
- Order 8110.103, Appendix E
- AC 39-10
- AED Duties and Responsibilities (PDF)
- Flight Standardization Board (FSB)
- Aircraft Rotorcraft and Engine Assignment List (PDF)
- Aircraft Evaluation Division Employee Directory (PDF)
- ODA Assignment List (PDF)
- Stakeholder Feedback Form