The Boston AEG serves the Eastern Region Flight Standards Division. We provide technical services to the Engine and Propeller Directorate, Engine Certificate Office (ECO) and Boston Aircraft Certification Office at the New England Regional Office in Burlington, Massachusetts. We are active participants in engine and propeller certification under 14 CFR Parts 33 and 35 and Auxiliary Power Units (APU) under TSO- C77.
Our responsibilities include:
- Technical assistance on Master Minimum Equipment Lists (MMEL) revisions
- Participation on Airworthiness Directives (AD) review
- Review and recommend acceptance of initial and revised Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA) for Engines, Propellers and APUs.
We participate on:
- Flight Operations Evaluation Boards (FOEB)
- Maintenance Review Boards (MRB)
- Type Certification Boards (TCB)
- Technical Subject Matter Experts (SME)