10100 Reunion Place, Suite 200
San Antonio, TX 78216
Phone: (210) 308-3300 or (800) 292-2023 Fax: (210) 308-3399
Email the Office
- All visits to the SAT FSDO are by appointment only. Please call (210) 308-3300.
- Appointments are required for all services. We suggest that flight tests and aircraft inspections be scheduled at least two weeks in advance. No appointments will be accepted after 3:30 p.m.
- Office visits by appointment only with picture identification
- For SAT-FSDO appointments, please call the office at (210) 308-3300, and advise the attendant you want an appointment with an inspector--Operations (for pilots) or Airworthiness (for mechanics). Operations appointments can be made for Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays only. Requests for airman name, nationality, or gender updates must be handled by the office. Requests involving Foreign Pilots, Military Competencies, CFI Renewals, Student Pilots, Ground Instructor Certificates, Special Medical Flight Tests, UAS (Drone-Remote Pilot) Certificates can be completed by Designated Pilot Examiners (DPEs)—if timeliness is required because you have a deadline to meet.
- Designees (AMEs, DARs, DMEs, DPEs, etc.) can be located via the Designee Locator Search function at the Designee Management System web site. The search works best by selecting a search by location using only the state, selecting the desired authorizations, clicking the Search button and (when the results are shown in table format) entering the office name (SAT FSDO, North Texas FSDO, etc.) or city name in the appropriate column header/title box.
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday–Friday