The Department of Transportation's (DOT) Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program is implemented by recipients of DOT Federal Financial Assistance. Recipients are primarily state highway, transit, and airport agencies that receive funds subject to Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations part 26 (49 CFR 26). A similar program (49 CFR 23) for airport concession DBEs (ACDBE), is mandated by 49 U.S.C. 47107(e). The ACDBE program was originally enacted in 1987 and most recently amended in 2012.
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
- Additional Guidance for DBE and ACDBE Program Administrators
- Disadvantaged Business Program (DBE) Brochure
- 49 CFR Part 23 Participation by Disadvantaged Business Enterprises in Airport Concessions
- 49 CFR Part 26 Participation by Disadvantaged Business Enterprises in Department of Transportation Financial Assistance Programs