The objective of the Youth Access to American Jobs in Aviation Task Force (PDF) is to develop and provide independent recommendations and strategies to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to:
- Facilitate and encourage high school students in the United States to enroll in and complete career and technical education courses, including science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM);
- Facilitate and encourage these students to enroll in a course of study related to an aviation career, including aviation manufacturing, engineering and maintenance;
- Identify and develop pathways for students to secure registered apprenticeships, workforce development programs, or careers in the aviation industry of the United States.
The Task Force will summit recommendations and strategies to the FAA Administrator and the appropriate committees of Congress. If you have questions or comments, please contact the Task Force at S602YouthTaskForce@faa.gov.
YIATF Public Meetings
October 16, 2020
- Vanessa Jamison, Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals (PDF)
- Elizabeth Tennyson, Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (PDF)
- Stephanie Ward, Mead & Hunt (PDF)
- Dr. Rebecca Lutte, University of Nebraska, Omaha Aviation Institute (PDF)
- Kenneth Morrison, Aviation Community Foundation (PDF)
- YIATF Members and Subcommittee (PDF)
- Meeting Agenda (PDF)