The NAS Lifecycle Planning Division (ANG-C7) manages the planning, implementation, and reporting of NextGen portfolios to achieve FAA's long-term vision for the National Airspace System (NAS).
NAS Lifecycle Planning Division manages and devises the plan for implementing NextGen capabilities through the following activities:
- Leading and executing the development of NAS Segment Implementation Plan (NSIP) annual update;
- Orchestrating formulation and execution of NextGen Portfolio funding and ensure alignment with Segment Plans;
- Facilitating alignment between the FAA Budget planning, the NAS EA, and the Future of the NAS objectives;
- Establishing Project Level Agreements (PLAs) with various FAA program offices and performing organizations for NextGen pre-implementation activities; and
- Implementing portfolio performance metrics to support progress reporting (e.g., OMB-300 reporting).
All of these efforts are accomplished under the following four branches that comprise the NAS Lifecycle Planning Division:
- ANG-C71 – Portfolio Operations
- ANG-C72 – Communications & Integration
- ANG-C73 – Navigation & Landing
- ANG-C74 – Surveillance & Automation Branch