The NextGen Management Services office enables efficient administrative, human capital, budget, and contracting operations for the Office of NextGen by establishing, implementing, and maintaining internal administrative, business, and logistical processes and ensuring adherence to policy. We accomplish this mission by:
- Supporting human capital management, succession planning, and technical training plans and requirements.
- Developing, distributing, and maintaining internal communications for employees in support of NextGen performance goals.
- Promoting cost-efficient financial management by budgeting and monitoring NextGen programs, ensuring their execution is congruent with NextGen implementation plans and approved National Airspace System (NAS) lifecycle planning products; by communicating FAA financial policies, processes, and requirements to the Office of NextGen; and by providing data, analyses, plans, justifications, and reports in support of the NextGen budget.
- Managing, distributing, and tracking all official correspondence for the Office of NextGen, including briefing papers, testimony, reports, and responses prepared internally for the U.S. Congress, the DOT's Office of the Inspector General, and the Office of the FAA Administrator.
- Providing technical services to study, analyze, and formulate concepts for NAS modernization.
- Providing administrative support and funding for FAA-based RTCA activities to support agency goals and activities.
- Managing NextGen contracts using a portfolio management approach; determining best-fit for the delivery of requirements, tracking performance metrics, and ensuring the integrity of contractual information. Contract management includes overseeing the Systems Engineering 2020 (SE2020) contract, the Centers of Excellence (COEs), and the Center for Advanced Aviation System Development (CAASD).