Welcome to the SE2020/2025 Program. The SE2020/2025 provides research, analysis, systems engineering, and integration for the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) and non-NextGen initiative. Our current efforts can be defined as follows:
- Provide research, analysis, systems engineering, and integration for the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) and non-NextGen initiatives,
- Utilize an IDIQ-based contract which issues work to multi-vendor teams via Task Orders with a Performance Work Statement; Task Orders are typically multi-year (base + options) and funded by any combination of Ops, F&E or RE&D,
- Utilize an SE2020 contractual vehicle consisting of a portfolio of Large Business vendors,
- Utilize an SE2020 contractual vehicle consisting of a portfolio of Small Business vendors and
- Award portfolio of contracts in two major categories (Research & Mission Analysis (R&MA) and Systems Engineering (SE)).
In summer 2020, we plan to award a new contract portfolio, Systems Engineering and Technical Innovative Solutions (SETIS), to replace the SE2020 and SE2025 contract portfolios. This IDIQ contract award will be made to multiple vendors including both Small and Large businesses. The new portfolio will provide a broad range of research/service analysis and innovative systems engineering support services to help the FAA transform the National Airspace System through the implementation of NextGen and related FAA Programs. The contract portfolio's planned period of performance is from 2020 to 2030 if all options are exercised. The new portfolio will enable the FAA to consolidate contract vehicles, leverage resources, and streamline operations while implementing the most recent lessons learned. The Program and Contracting Offices are developing a transition plan for each Task Order to ensure an orderly transition with continued support during the move to the new contract portfolio.
We remain committed to continually improving our program and our customer's contracting experience. We continuously make enhancements and operational improvements to better assist customers in a more timely, efficient and cost effective manner. Our current enhancements are listed here along with our website.
We welcome suggestions and comments at Miranda.Haywood@FAA.gov.