The Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center's Mini-NAS dynamic training environment will prepare the FAA workforce for real-world scenarios by enhancing the FAA Academy with live NAS data. Mini-NAS will have unique functionality which supports the implementation of new TBO systems and services.
- Provides real-time aeronautical information
- Increases flexibility in routing aircraft around congestion, weather and other airspace restrictions
- Enables seamless information sharing and coordination between controllers and en route centers
- Mini-NAS will enhance the current training environment to precisely recreate the complexity of the NAS, optimized by Trajectory Based Operations (TBO).
- Mini-NAS will reveal emergent behaviors resulting from the interactions between new and legacy services to provide early discovery of potential NAS issues, proposed solutions, and risk mitigation strategies