Terminal Automation Modernization Replacement (TAMR) /
Standard Terminal Automation Replacement System (STARS)
TAMR program is modernizing the air traffic control systems through combining and upgrading air traffic control technologies to STARS at all of the nation's major airports.
STARS is a digital automation system capable of tracking all aircraft within the defined airspace using information from available FAA and U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) surveillance systems.
- Separating and sequencing of aircraft
- Conflict and terrain avoidance alerts
- Weather advisories
- Radar vectoring for departing and arriving traffic
- Maintain safety while increasing cost effectiveness at terminal facilities across NAS
- Enables NextGen solutions for tomorrow
- State-of-the-art flat-panel LED display
- Offers an easier-to-maintain infrastructure for technicians