Terminal Sequencing and Spacing (TSAS)
TSAS extend the metering capability into the terminal area by providing tools to terminal ATC and TMU for time-based merging, sequencing and spacing.
- Current guidelines for en route controllers are to deliver flights to their meter fixes within +/- 60 seconds of their STAs. TSAS requires improved delivery accuracy (+/-30seconds) to produce the desired flight efficiency gains.
- GIM-S capabilities enable improved meter fix delivery accuracy
- Extended Metering allows for en route delay to be absorbed over more sectors and greater distances.
- Speed advisories help controllers deliver flights to meter fixes with greater precision
- Increases the use of Performance Based Navigation (PBN) to improve flight efficiency
- Supports Optimization of Airspace and Procedures in the Metroplex (OAPM) redesign goals
- Supports the future use of Flight Deck-Interval Management (FIM)
- Extends use of time-based metering from the en route domain to the terminal domain and runway, leveraging the FAA's investment in TBFM