The Office of Commercial Space Transportation will conduct a workshop on FAA's experimental permit process on Wednesday, May 16, 2007, from 9 a.m.–5 p.m. It will be held in the FAA Headquarters Building, 800 Independence Avenue SW, Washington, DC, Conference Room 9AB (9 a.m.–12 noon) and Conference Room 8AB (1 p.m.–5 p.m.).
The workshop will include comprehensive sessions on the following topics:
- Experimental Permit Overview (the process and the rulemaking history)
- Pre-Application Consultation
- Application Requirements to Obtain a Permit
- The Environmental Process for Experimental Permits
- Financial Responsibility (maximum probable loss and cross waivers)
- Responsibilities of a Permittee
- Compliance and Safety Inspections
- A Guided Tour of the Hazard Analysis Advisory Circular
Please RSVP to Susan Lender, (202) 267-8029.