O'Hare Fun Facts
- Christmas Vacation: Clark Griswold says that Santa Claus has been spotted by air traffic controllers at O'Hare.
- O'Hare was frequently referenced in the TV show LAX.
- Meet the Parents & Meet the Fockers: Greg Focker departs O'Hare on his way to New York. (However, the scenes were shot at Westchester County Airport for Meet The Parents, and LA/Ontario International Airport was used for Meet The Fockers)
- My Best Friend's Wedding: Julia Roberts' character meets her friend's fianc�e at O'Hare.
- Planes, Trains & Automobiles: Steve Martin is trying to get back to O'Hare in the hit comedy.
- Home Alone & Home Alone 2: The McAllisters live in a suburb of Chicago and are seen departing from O'Hare in both movies.
- Risky Business: There is a scene where Joel takes his parents to O'Hare; nice highway approach shots and inside the ticketing area.
- In a classic Looney Tunes cartoon, Bugs Bunny flies on a plane departing from "Oh, Hare! Airport."
- It is part of the title of the Chicago based band The Academy Is...'s single LAX to O'Hare. It is also part of the first line of the song, "It was a plane ride from LAX to O'Hare..."
- In the sixth season of the hit CBS show, The Amazing Race, eleven teams of two began their race at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport, where they boarded flights to either Boston, Massachusetts or Baltimore, Maryland and connected to Keflav�k, Iceland.
Page last modified: September 13, 2010 10:36:10 AM EDT
This page was published at: http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ato/atct/ord/funfacts/