The Economic Analysis group is responsible for assessing the economic impact of civil aviation. The analysis conducted includes economic impact studies, total cost of delay, productivity studies, and valuation of operational mandates. Core analysis functions include conducting operational performance trends research as well as investment analysis in support of the ICAO’s North Atlantic Economic, Financial and Forecast Group (NAT EFFG). In addition, the office collaborates with industry groups to facilitate technical interchange and economic research.
The Economic Impact of Civil Aviation on the U.S. Economy (June 2014 (PDF))
- Contributed 5.4% to the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP), $1.5 trillion in total economic activity, and 11.8 million jobs.
- Previously Published National Reports
The Economic Impact of Civil Aviation by State (January 2015 (PDF))
- Contributed significantly to the state GDP such as Hawaii (17%), Nevada (12%), Arizona (7.9%), and Alaska (7.5%)
- Previously Published State Reports
ICAO North Atlantic (NAT EFFG) Reports and Analysis
- NAT Region Economic Impact Study
- US-Europe Performance Trends Report
- NAT Investment (Business Case) Analysis (Datalink Mandate, Space Based ADS-B)
Collaboration and Coordination with Industry Groups
- Airlines for America (A4A), IATA, Boeing
- The World Bank, Oxford Economics, and others