The Air Carrier Maintenance Branch is the principal element in the division for all air carrier maintenance related to technical training, regulations, policies, and procedures, including development of certification, inspection, and surveillance policy.
- Develops regulations, standards, policies and procedures, letters, notices, orders, and advisory circulars (ACs).
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) policy and procedures, related to the branch’s area of responsibilities.
- Reviews, analyzes, prepares, and processes required reports, recommends amendments to regulations, grants or denies petitions for exemption and rulemaking, and participates in rulemaking for 14 CFR parts 119, 121, 135, and 136, as related to branch functions.
- Participates as a member of policy boards, including the maintenance review board (MRB) and the Flight Operations Evaluation Board (FOEB).
- Provides technical assistance and guidance to other segments of the FAA, Federal, State, and local government agencies, and foreign civil aviation authorities (CAA).
- Notice 8900.103 Appendix A Common Questions and Guidance (PDF)
- Q&A: Implementation of Supplemental Inspection Rules 14 CFR 121.1109 and 129.109 (PDF)
Federal Aviation Administration Headquarters
Air Carrier Maintenance Branch, AFS-330
5th Floor, 950 L'Enfant Plaza, S.W.
Washington, DC 20024
Phone: (202) 267-1675
Fax: (202) 267-1813