This office manages and supports continual improvement initiatives for:
- Flight Standards Safety Management System (SMS)
- Air Transportation Oversight System (ATOS)
- Safety Assurance System (SAS)
- National Program Guidelines (NPG)
- Certification Service Oversight Process (CSOP)
The office collects and responds to feedback from the users of these systems, provides input on national policies and procedures for the oversight of air operators, air agencies, airmen, and dispatchers, and recommends enhancements for oversight business processes, policy, data collection and automation tools. The office is divided into two teams with three functional areas:
- Automation and Policy Team – The office develops, deploys, and maintains software requirements, automation user guides, and tutorials for systems-based oversight of the Air Transportation Oversight System (ATOS), for the Safety Assurance System (SAS), for National Program Guidelines (NPG), for Regional Automated Modular Planning System (RAMPS), and Certification Service Oversight Process (CSOP) and authors national oversight policy guidance.
- Technical Support Team – The office develops, authors, and maintains data collection quality standards and the ATOS and SAS Data Collection Tools (DCTs).
Renee Schrupp, Manager
Federal Aviation Administration
45005 Aviation Drive, Suite 131
Dulles, VA 20166