The Circle of Safety is a consumer education program that results from the continuing need to prevent and reduce accidents. The aviation consumer or passenger can increase the safety of a flight by:
- Choosing a provider of aviation services wisely
- Preparing well for each flight
- Paying attention during boarding and throughout the flight
- Taking appropriate action when required
The aviation passenger has rights and responsibilities with regard to safety as well. The FAA, air carriers, pilots, and passengers are all partners in the Circle of Safety in an effort to prevent accidents.
Circle of Safety Materials
Contact the Alaskan Region FAASTeam if you'd like printed copies of these materials. We also have Circle of Safety luggage tags available on request.
- Circle Of Safety Consumer Education Program Overview (2009) (PDF, 49 KB) - 8.5x11-inch single page
- Circle of Safety Consumer Education Brochure (2009) (PDF, 1.3 MB) - double-sided trifold
- Circle of Safety Poster (2009) (PDF, 457 KB) - 18x22-inch size
Developed for organizations whose members travel often:
- Circle of Safety Aviation Guide (2005) (PDF, 548 KB) - Participate In Your Organization's Safety