The Policy Integration Branch is responsible for managing specific programs within the division, including public rulemaking, safety recommendations, quick response, and external audits. This branch is also responsible for overseeing the division’s international activities and management of the division work process.
The branch is responsible for the following functions:
- Manages division regulatory and exemption activities.
- Coordinates and prepares division responses to requests for briefing documents from internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates and prepares division responses to NTSB and FAA safety recommendations.
- Coordinates and prepares division responses to external audits, such as audits conducted by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) or Office of the Inspector General (OIG).
- Serves as the division liaison to International Programs & Policy Branch.
- Manages division international activities, including participation in meetings and WGs, and providing technical assistance, as needed, and maintains a high level of awareness of current international aviation activities.
- Monitors and reports on status of division projects and facilitates coordination between potentially affected stakeholders, both internal and external to the division.
- Develops and implements national policy to integrate air carrier Safety Management Systems (SMS), in coordination with the appropriate AFS divisions.
Federal Aviation Administration
Policy Integration Branch,
Room # 831
800 Independence Avenue, S.W.,
Washington, DC 20591
Phone: (202) 267-8166
Fax: (202) 267-5229