How are we performing?
The FAA monitors performance for 39 measures, initiatives, and activities, which highlight the agency's priority goals in performing our mission and advancing the FAA's Strategic Initiatives. These goals fall into the following categories: employee Organizational Success Increase (OSI)/Organizational Success Measure (OSM), executive Corporate Short Term Incentive (Corporate STI), performance objective in the Department of Transportation's Strategic Plan (DOT Goals), and Agency Priority Goal (APG) submitted to the Administration.
We have successfully achieved 39 of our 39 Priority Goals for FY 2021.
- FY 2021 Organizational Success Increase/Measure (OSI/M) Outcomes
- FY 2021 Corporate Short Term Incentive (CSTI) Outcomes
Where are we going?
The FAA continues to focus on the development of an aviation system that reflects the highest standards of safety and efficiency and is a model for the world. As we move forward with our vision, the agency will continue to focus on novel and streamlined reporting mechanisms to ensure adequate focus is placed on our vision's key areas:
- Laying the foundation for the National Airspace System (NAS) of the future by achieving prioritized NextGen benefits, enabling the safe and efficient integration of new user entrants including Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and Commercial Space flights, and delivering more efficient, streamlined air traffic management services;
- Building on safety management principles to proactively address emerging safety risk by using consistent, data-informed approaches to make smarter, system-level, risk-based decisions;
- Improving safety, air traffic efficiency, and environmental sustainability across the globe through an integrated, data-driven approach that shapes global standards, enhances collaboration and harmonization, and better targets FAA resources and efforts; and
- Preparing FAA's human capital for the future, by identifying, recruiting, and training a workforce with the leadership, technical, and functional skills to ensure the U.S. has the world's safest and most productive aviation sector.