Status of Engagement: Completed Spring 2016
Longstanding issues with, as well as changes to, the Northern California TRACON instrument approach and departure procedures generated noise concerns from local residents of Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, San Mateo and San Francisco Counties. In meetings and correspondence with congressional offices and local community representatives, the FAA received recommendations to adjust the current published procedures. In response, the FAA undertook the Northern California Noise Initiative to explore such modifications. The FAA provided the information to the Select Committee between May and November 2016.
The information provides details on Noise Modeling and Air Traffic Management in the collaboration and resolution of community concerns.
The implementation Northern California Metroplex effort is complete. Expected long-term benefits include improved efficiency, increased access to affected airports, and comprehensive improvements to operations. For more information on the Northern California Metroplex, visit the links below.
NorCal Working Group Meeting Presentations
- NorCal_Working_Group_Meeting_071516_v5.pdf (PDF)
- NorCal Working Group Meeting_080416_v2.pdf (PDF)
- NorCal Working Group Meeting_081816_v7.pdf (PDF)
- NorCal Working Group Meeting_090116_v2.pdf (PDF)
- NorCal Working Group Meeting_09116_noiseSlidesv3.pdf (PDF)
- NorCal WorkingGroup Meeting_13Oct2016_v5.pdf (PDF)
- NorCal WorkingGroup Meeting_17Nov2016_NoiseSlidesv4.pdf (PDF)
- NorCal WorkingGroup Meeting_3Nov2016_v5.pdf (PDF)
- NorCal WorkingGroupMeeting_28Sept2016_v1.pdf (PDF)
- OSG NCT.wmv (WMV)
NorCal Initiative Report Summary
Select Committee Meeting