Special Airworthiness Certificate
A restricted category special airworthiness certificate is issued to operate aircraft that have been type certificated in the restricted category. Operation of restricted category aircraft is limited to special purposes identified in the applicable type design. These special purpose operations include the following:
- Agricultural (spraying, dusting, seeding, and livestock and predatory animal control).
- Forest and wildlife conservation.
- Aerial surveying (photography, mapping, and oil and mineral exploration).
- Patrolling (pipe lines, power lines, and canals).
- Weather control (cloud seeding).
- Aerial advertising (skywriting, banner towing, airborne signs, and public address systems).
- Any other operation specified by the Administrator.
Last updated: Wednesday, June 29, 2022