Special Airworthiness Certificate
A special flight permit may be issued for an aircraft that may not currently meet applicable airworthiness requirements, but is capable of safe flight, for the following purposes:
- Flying aircraft to a point for repairs, alterations, maintenance, or storage (for example, ferrying an aircraft from point A to point B).
- Delivering new aircraft to the base of a purchaser or to a storage point.
- Conducting production flight tests.
- Evacuating an aircraft from impending danger.
- Conducting customer demonstration flights in new production aircraft that have passed or completed production flight tests.
- Excess weight operations.
The special flight permit does not authorize flight over a country other than the United States without permission of that country.