Best Practices for AIRFIELD SAFETY - Controllers
- Set aircraft up for an easy entry into the pattern.
- Use your team. Watch out for each other.
- Always leave yourself a way out. What’s plan B?
- Be aware of aircraft’s speed.
- If you see it, say it. Don’t be afraid to speak up.
- Debrief after each push - good or bad.
- Be engaged and close the loop.
- Be proactive with weather.
- Constantly SCAN.
- Keep runway crossings to minimum.
- Know the aircraft’s characteristics.
- Always use standard phraseology.
- Stick to your routine.
- Actively listen.
- Communicate the vision; share the “big picture.”
- Be aware of the other position before coordinating. Don’t be a distraction.
Back to Controllers Page