Have a question?
Check our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). If you still can't find an answer, you will be able to ask a question with our convenient on-line form. Our FAQ database contains answers to many questions asked most often by the public.
Call FAA toll-free
- Report specific violations (Hazardous Materials).
- Report information relating to air carrier safety or participate in other protection activities (aviation industry employees only).
- Report Aviation Safety Issues (you may also email your concern for the issues listed below only).
- Maintenance improprieties
- Aircraft incidents
- Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) violations
- Report Suspected Unapproved Parts Online
Office of Inspector General Complaint Hotline
- Report allegations of fraud, waste, abuse, or mismanagement in U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) programs or operations
Flight Standards District Offices (FSDO)
Contact your local FSDO for information on:
- Low-flying aircraft
- Accident Reporting
- Air carrier certification and operations
- Aircraft maintenance
- Aircraft operational issues
- Aircraft permits
- Airmen certification (licensing) for pilots, mechanics, repairmen, dispatchers, and parachute riggers
- Certification and modification issues
- Enforcement of Airmen & Aircraft Regulations
If you know the name of the FAA employee you want to contact, use the:
All visitors to the FAA Headquarters Building, 800 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC (Orville Wright Building, FOB 10A), must enter the building from the Independence Avenue side.
Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
Call Transportation Security Administration toll-free (866) 289-9673 to:
- Report specific violations and concerns about security
- Ask questions about the TSA Screening Process
Aviation Consumer Protection
Call Aviation Consumer Protection at (202) 366-2220 to:
- Report a concern about airline service including:
- Lost baggage
- Denied boarding
- Visit the Department of Transportation's Aviation Consumer Protection Division webpage
Flight Service Stations (FSS): Send comments concerning FSS services.
Please note: This mailbox is only for users of the FSS system, not for airline related service issues or general FAA questions.
Learn more about the Flight Service Station Operations.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requests
- How to Make a Request
- Headquarters FOIA Office
- Region and Center FOIA Offices
- Documents and Publications
For More Information
To submit comments or questions about the website, email us.FAA Headquarters
Federal Aviation Administration
800 Independence Ave, SW
Washington, DC 20591