Documents can now can be emailed to the Aircraft Registration Branch 9-AVS-AR-Electronic-Submittals@faa.gov.
Any document for recordation, registration and accompany documents that require ink signatures must meet the
digital signature requirements set forth below. Fees cannot be paid online at this time. If submitting documents that
require a fee, then they must be mailed along with the fee. Any questions can be by email Aircraft Registration Branch,
or you can call 1-866-762-9434, or 405-954-3116.
Digital signature directive:
A policy directive was issued effective April 1, 2016, stating the Registry may accept printed duplicates of electronic documents that display legible digital signatures. A legible and acceptable digital signature will have, at a minimum, the following components:
- Shows the name of the signer and is applied in a manner to execute or validate the document,
- Includes the type or printed name of the signer below or adjacent to the signature when the signature uses a digitized or scanned version of the signer's hand scribed signature or the name is in a cursive font,
- Shows the signer's corporate, managerial, or partnership title as part of or adjacent to the digital signature when appropriate,
- Shows evidence of authentication of the signer's identity such as the text "digitally signed by" along with the software provider's seal or watermark, date and time of execution; or, have an authentication code or key identifying the software provider, and
- Has a font, size and color density that is clearly legible and reproducible when reviewed, copied and scanned into a black on white format.
A signature without the digital markings or code should be considered a photocopy signature and should be treated accordingly.9-AVS-AR-Electronic-Submittals@faa.gov