Pilot Medical Certification Questions and Answers

What should I do if I hold a foreign medical certificate or endorsement and I want to exercise pilot privileges in the United States?

You must have the validity of the foreign license and medical certificate or endorsement you hold verified by the Civil Aviation Authority that issued those certificates.

The FAA has devised a form entitled Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License, Rating, and Medical Certification (PDF). You must submit this information, along with a copy of the license you wish to have verified, to:

Airmen Certification Branch
PO Box 25082
Oklahoma City, OK 73125-0082

You may fax the form to (405) 954-9922.

For more detailed information you should review the information available at the following links:

Last updated: Friday, June 24, 2022