Can I get my student pilot certificate at the same time I take my initial flight physical?

Yes. Aviation Medical Examiners (AMEs) are authorized to issue combination Airman Medical and Student Pilot certificates to appropriate applicants. To obtain this combination certificate, the applicant must meet the medical standards, be at least 16 years old, and be able to read, speak, and understand the English language.

Important Note: The combined medical / student pilot certificate will not be valid for flight duties until properly endorsed by the student's instructor.