Join us for the FAA's free, virtual Aeronautical Information Optimization Summit series, which brings together members of the aviation community to:
- Discuss modernization of Aeronautical Information (AI) and Notices to Airmen (NOTAMS), including data standardization and data integrity, Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs), and more
- Provide a status update on NOTAM modernization
- Share your insights and get answers to your questions
During each session, FAA and industry experts will discuss:
- Making data more readily available, effectively formatted, and readable
- Reducing inconsistencies between government sources of aeronautical information
- Removing unnecessary data
How do I participate?
Register for each session through Eventbrite to participate in the live, interactive event. If you can't make it, each session will be recorded and posted on the FAA YouTube channel for future viewing. Read more about the format of the Summit series.
What's on the Summit series schedule?
July 30, 1:00pm-2:30pm EDT
Aeronautical Information (AI) / NOTAM Modernization
We'll share highlights from the 2019 Data Optimization Summit and provide an overview of the progress made on AI/NOTAM data and future enhancements. You'll also learn about the upcoming AI Challenge.
August 6, 1:00pm-2:30pm EDT
Data Standardization & Data Integrity of Aeronautical Information (AI)
You will learn about the changes we are making to route data, including coded departure routes and preferential routes. We'll also discuss streamlining other AI in FAA publications, including Chart Supplement and Notice to Airmen Publication (NTAP). Together, we'll identify additional areas of improvement for AI and data standardization.
August 13, 1:00pm-2:00pm EDT
Transforming Aeronautical Information (AI)
During the Data Optimization Summit in November, participants shared their AI and NOTAM challenges and delivery preferences. In this session, we'll demonstrate how NOTAM changes and the Aeronautical Common Service (ACS) begins to solve those needs. We'll also discuss options for continued enhancements.
August 20, 1:00pm-2:00pm EDT
Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) Data
The FAA has made short-term enhancements for TFR changes. In this session, let's work together to identify data needs for longer-term TFR enhancements that will help shape the future of the FAA's Airspace Generator tool for TFRs.
August 27, 1:00pm-2:00pm EDT
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Community Collaboration
Manned aircraft aren't the only ones that rely on NOTAMs and Aeronautical Information (AI). That's why the FAA wants to hear from the drone community about their most pressing needs around NOTAMs and AI.
September 3, 1:00pm-2:00pm EDT
Implementing Aeronautical Information (AI) Application Program Interfaces (APIs) and What's Ahead
We'll discuss what's ahead based on feedback you have shared in the previous weeks to shape a vision for the future!
Sign up for updates on the Summit series topics, dates, and to get notifications when other resources are available.
Summit series format:
- Sessions are live sessions hosted via the Zoom videoconferencing platform.
- You must download the Zoom software on your computer, smartphone/tablet app, or use the link provided in your registration email.
- One hour prior to the start of each session, you will receive a URL and password for Zoom that you must use to access the online event. This information will be sent via Eventbrite.
- You are encouraged to read the Zoom getting started guide ahead of the session.
- Recordings of the sessions will be available on the FAA's YouTube Channel.