Join the FAA, DoD, and aviation industry representatives in an active dialog to help shape our shared path in modernizing Aeronautical Information (AI) and Notices to Airmen (NOTAM) data.
What can I learn during the FAA Data Optimization Summit?
This inaugural Summit brings together current and prospective users of Aeronautical Information (AI) and Notices to Airmen (NOTAM) data for a full day of ideation and discussion. You'll hear about the current AI/NOTAM modernization efforts underway and what's planned moving forward. You'll see demonstrations of data available today and have time to talk with subject matter experts who are working on making this data available in ways that are valuable to you.
How can I contribute during the Summit?
As a valued member of the aviation community, we value your active engagement in a dialog on the innovative ways you are using AI/NOTAM data today; where you are having challenges; what's working; and how we can enhance FAA data for pilots, aviation operators, and other NOTAM consumers. If you are working with or using AI/NOTAM data (e.g., accessing, filtering, packaging, distributing, and/or using the data), we look forward to hearing from you real-time during the Summit.
How should I prepare for the Summit?
Before you participate in the Summit, please take time to:
- Send us any questions that you would like us to tackle as part of the agenda by emailing us at AIS-NOTAM@faa.gov. Questions submitted prior to noon on Friday, November 15 will be considered for inclusion in the panel session and open forum sessions.
- Get hands-on with FAA NOTAM Search at https://notams.aim.faa.gov/notamSearch/. Check out the ways in which you can currently access and filter data, and bring that knowledge (and your feedback) to the Summit conversation.
- Review the FAA Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) data sets (PDF) that are currently available and bring your ideas to the Summit discussion.
- Check out the working draft agenda.
- Take a look at an invitation video from Abigail Smith, the FAA's Executive Champion for NOTAM Modernization (and Director of Technical Training).
Ready to RSVP?
Interested in participating? Contact us at AIS-NOTAM@faa.gov. Include whether you prefer in-person or virtual participation. Since space is limited, we will respond to confirm your in-person or virtual participation.
Joining us in-person on Monday, November 18, 2019?
Location: Due to overwhelming requests for participation, we have moved to the Hilton Washington, DC National Mall, 480 L'Enfant Plaza SW, Washington, DC 20024.
Event Duration: The Summit begins promptly at 9:00 am and is expected to wrap up by 4:30 pm.
Arrival Time: Registration check-in begins at 7:45 am and closes at 8:45 am. Please allow time to check in, network, and be ready to actively engage!
Joining us virtually on Monday, November 18, 2019?
Livestream: Livestreaming on FAA's YouTube channel will begin promptly at 9:00 am and is expected to wrap-up by 4:30 pm. We will also livestream to the FAA's Twitter and Facebook.
Submit Poll Responses and Ask Questions: You will also be able to contribute open text responses and ask questions via www.Slido.com using event code #DataOpSummit. Check out the tip sheet (PDF) prior to participating so you are ready to go when the Summit is live.