May 20 - The May/June 2015 issue of FAA Safety Briefing highlights aircraft performance for general aviation. Articles focus on understanding the operating parameters of your aircraft as well as having realistic performance expectations during flight.
Feature articles in this issue include:
- “Urban Air Legends – Debunking Aircraft Performance Myths” (p 10),
- “A Finesse for Vitesse – Mastering the Maze of V-speeds” (p 14),
- “Bigger Bang Theory – The Quest for More Power” (p. 26)
In this issue’s Aeromedical Advisory department (p. 5), Federal Air Surgeon Dr. James Fraser explains the importance of new sleep apnea guidance for AMEs, while Checklist (p 20) highlights a few common terminology misconceptions when it comes to airman certificates, ratings and endorsements. Also, Vertically Speaking (p 33) reviews some important summer safety tips for rotorcraft pilots.
FAA Safety Briefing is the safety policy voice for the non-commercial general aviation community. The magazine's objective is to improve safety by:
- making the community aware of FAA resource
- helping readers understand safety and regulatory issues, and
- encouraging continued training
Be sure to follow us on Twitter–@FAASafetyBrief