The Interagency Planning Office (IPO) leverages federal interagency stakeholder expertise to identify, research, coordinate, and prioritize issues, and to bring the appropriate resources together to advance NextGen modernization.
The IPO leads interagency and international collaboration to resolve complex challenges critical to the modernization of the National Airspace System. Its employees leverage stakeholder expertise to identify, research, coordinate, and prioritize shared actions and to bring together the appropriate resources to advance the NextGen mission.
The IPO partners with these federal agencies and offices:
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Defense
- Department of Homeland Security
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
- National Transportation Safety Board
- National Science Foundation
- White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Other critical stakeholders as needed
The IPO orchestrates several interagency executive-level engagements that include senior leaders from various government agencies through the following:
- NextGen Executive Board
- NextGen Executive Weather Panel
- FAA/NASA Quarterly
Focus areas for the IPO include, but are not limited to:
- Interagency Aviation Cybersecurity
- NextGen Weather
- NextGen International
- Emerging Interagency NextGen Challenges
The Interagency Core Cyber Team addresses vulnerabilities in government-wide cyber policies.
The IPO works internally and externally to develop and foster relationships that advance the NextGen mission. The office helps FAA organizations work effectively and at the appropriate level with partner agencies. The IPO helps escalate important issues to the correct level at each agency, enabling quicker decision-making.
The IPO's core functions and objectives are:
- Enhance successful interagency partnerships to ensure coordination across agencies and leverage various agencies' expertise, research, technologies, and funding to advance NextGen while avoiding duplication
- Identify, research, coordinate, and prioritize multi-agency NextGen issues
- Manage and build interagency relationships, representing NextGen to the partner agencies