Tech Ops Gateways
START A NEW CAREER AS AN AIRWAY TRANSPORTATION
SYSTEMS SPECIALIST — PAID INTERNSHIP
Open Period: Feb 6 - March 13
Airway Transportation Systems Specialists Gateways Program
The Gateways Internship Program provides students the opportunity to join a diverse team of talented and dedicated technical professionals. Students will receive hands-on, practical work experience and have the opportunity to learn about the national airspace system. Students will learn about and use safety protocols including Operational Risk Management and use of personal protective equipment. Students will also obtain an in-depth understanding of how the facilities, systems and equipment support the day to-day operations of the NAS. Students who have an interest in computer science, electronics technology, or electrical systems, will be sure to find a fulfilling career as an ATSS.
Airway Transportation Systems Specialists (ATSS) are the safe-keepers of the systems and equipment that keep air travel in the United States safer than in any other country in the world. Technical Operations has a team of more than 4,000 talented technicians that install, operate, maintain, and repair more than 74,000 pieces of aviation safety equipment located across all of the United States and outlying U.S. territories. Our radar, data automation, communications, navigational aid, environmental systems, airport lighting, and power systems provide services critical to the success and safety of our national airspace system (NAS). Technical Operations runs a 24/7 non-stop operation that is responsible for safe travel throughout the U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
To apply students will need to create an account on USAJobs. Gateways Program opportunities are advertised through the Federal Aviation Administration page on USAJOBS at https://FAA.usajobs.gov/
We invite to you join one of our live information sessions to learn how you can join a diverse team of talented and dedicated technical professionals. Click the appropriate date below to register.
March 2, 2023 11:00 AM Eastern
March 2, 2023 5:00 PM Eastern
March 7, 2023 11:00 AM Eastern
March 9, 2023 5:00 PM Eastern
Gateways Internship Program Participant Requirements and Benefits
We are currently looking for ATSS Student Interns in the following locations:
|Moline||IL||Salt Lake City||UT|
How to Apply
- Gateways Program opportunities are advertised through the Federal Aviation Administration Page on USAJOBS at https://FAA.usajobs.gov/
- You must apply when there is an opened job posting
- You must create a profile on USAJOBS login.gov or sign in if you have established an ID and Password.
- U.S. citizenship is required
- After you log in, create a profile and build your resume in the USA Jobs; update it as appropriate to capture your most recent work experience and/or education completion
- You may use the filters to define your search criteria; be cautious because the use of filters begin to limit the number of opened job postings you see
- To find Airway Transportation Systems Specialists (Electronics Systems Technical) internships:
- Access the Federal Internship Portal
- Under Keywords, enter 2199
- Click on Search
- The search will generate a list of opened job postings specifically in the 2199 Transportation series
- As you review the different job postings, be sure to look for those opportunities with the Federal Aviation Administration