Welcome to the FAA's FREE drone webinar series to help drone pilots understand:
- How to operate in the National Airspace System (NAS);
- How to start a drone program; and
- How to fly during an emergency.
FAA experts will address
- Why airspace matters
- How and where recreational flyers can fly their drone
- How to read Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs), Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs), and UAS Facility Maps
- What an airspace authorization is, when you need one, and how to get one
- How Public Safety organizations can start a drone program and fly drones during emergencies
Each webinar is LIVE. You will have the opportunity to interact with FAA experts and ask questions. After the event, all questions will be answered and posted here.
Registration for each webinar will open 2 weeks ahead of each session. Registration will be announced on this page, and also through Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Read more about the format of the webinars.
Sign up for updates on webinar topics, dates, and to get notifications when other resources are available.
- Webinar sessions are hosted in audio and visual format via GoToWebinar.
- You must download the GoToWebinar software on your computer, smartphone/tablet app, or use the link provided in your registration email.
- Upon registering for the webinar, you will receive a unique URL that you will use to access the webinar.
- On the day of the webinar you can access the session via the join link in your confirmation email, or using your 9-digit Webinar ID.
- You are encouraged to read the GoToWebinar How-To Guide ahead of the webinar.