Section 3. Canceling/Extending NOTAMs
- Stations canceling s must check the data to ensure the 's deletion. Retransmit cancellations where no action was taken.
- Cancel s containing erroneous information, and reissue. Originate a new when data is received amending a current , and cancel the previous .
- When data appearing in a is printed correctly in a publication or on a chart, cancel the .
- s must remain active until correctly published in all applicable publications/charts, except NAVAID NOTAMs, which must remain in effect until the NAVAID is returned to service, published as shutdown, or decommissioned. Review all publications listed below:
- Chart Supplement
- Enroute low altitude charts
- Enroute high altitude charts
- Terminal procedures publications
FDC NOTAMs relating to instrument approach and obstacle departure procedures and airways must remain current until published in the Terminal Procedures Publication or applicable enroute chart.
- VFR Charts:
- Sectional charts
- Terminal area charts