Is childcare provided?
Information can be found on the childcare website.
Is there someone at the Academy who can help me with G.I. Bill questions?
We do not have a military liaison on campus. You can call 1-888-GIBILL-1 or go to The GI Bill Web Site.
Are Academy students off work for federal holidays?
Yes. Class is dismissed for recognized federal holidays.
Do I have to stay at an apartment or hotel on the Student Services Website list of Housing?
No. The providers are listed as a service to assist you with obtaining lodging. We do not endorse any particular provider.
Will I be reimbursed for "Excess or Overweight Baggage" charges by the airline?
You may transport at Government expense only Government property and personal property necessary for official travel. You are responsible for the cost of transporting baggage that is not necessary for official travel.
What is the long-term per diem rate?
Effective 10/1/2016 the new long-term (16 or more class days) per diem rate is $95.60 per day.
How do I contact the Student Travel Office?
The Student Travel Office (AMK-343) is located in the Academy Bldg (#14), Rm 134. Their phone number is (405) 954-9453.
What type of dress code is acceptable?
Business Casual is the acceptable dress code for students (No shorts, flip-flops, tank tops, etc.). Suggest checking local weather before arrival.
How do I know if the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center is closed for inclement weather?
You may call (405) 954-0040 for The Center status. Local radio and television stations also provide status updates.
How do I contact the Air Traffic Facility where I will report after training?
That information can be found on the Air Traffic Organization website. Once you access this site, click on "Operations" then on the left navigation bar you will select your assigned facility type: Enroute & Oceanic, or Terminal Services. From there you will select your particular Service Area to view a list of facility information. This information should also be included in your firm offer letter of employment.
Is there medical assistance available at the Aeronautical Center?
Yes, Civil Aerospace Medical Institute (CAMI) will see students free of charge, M-F, 8:30am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:00pm. Located in modular buidling 223 sourth of CAMI(13).
Can I receive a fax?
Yes, the fax number is (405) 954-3066. Please put your full name and course/class information, if known. We will hold it for you.
Where can I get proof of my employment?
Go to The Work Number or HQ Bldg, Rm 105.
I didn't get paid, where do I go for help?
The Payroll Liaison in the Shared Service Center, HQ Bldg, Rm 105 will be able to help you.
What time does the shuttle arrive?
Please go to Academy Student Services Transportation List to view pickup and departure schedules.
Will the shuttle take me to the airport?
No. If you require taxi service, please go to Taxi Service page.
I am an Air Traffic Control Specialist (ATCS) New Hire. What type of identification do I need for the first day of class?
Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. You will need two (2) forms of photo ID. Please refer to the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, for a complete listing of acceptable documents.
Does CAMI have a dental facility?
No. CAMI provides non-emergency medical care only.
Where can I fill out my timesheet?
Student services has CRU-X loaded on their computers.
Do you have stamps?
There is a post office located on The Center in the MPB Bldg, Rm 12. The Employee Association Bookstore also sells stamps.
Is there a notary available?
The onsite FAA Credit Union has free notary service available M-F, 7:30am - 4:30pm. You can reach them at (405) 682-1990 ext 3000.
How can I get a handicap parking spot?
Student services can arrange that for you with a proper advance request.
I lost my parking pass, where do I got to get a new one?
Student Services will be able to provide the replacement parking pass. If you have an ASIS sign-on and access to an FAA computer and printer, you may reprint your parking pass from ASIS.
How do I update my local contact information while in attendance at the Academy?
Currently, the process is to provide the information to your instructor.
Can I get college credit for the course I take at the Academy?
Yes. Certain classes are accredited. Visit the ACE website for more information.