Skip to page content
Official US Government Icon

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure Site Icon

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

The latest general information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is available on For FAA-specific COVID-19 resources, please visit
United States Department of TransportationUnited States Department of Transportation

Airmen Certification

News & Highlights


Online Services

Medical Certification of Small Aircraft Pilots (BasicMed)

On July 15, 2016, Congress passed legislation to extend the FAA's funding. This legislation, FAA Extension, Safety, Security Act of 2016 (FESSA) includes relief from holding an FAA medical certificate for certain pilots. Learn more about Basic Med.

MedXPress – Moved Away From Paper

MedXPress, the electronic system used to apply for an FAA medical certificate or medical clearance, has been updated. You can access the enhanced MedXPress and its updated User Guide.

Airmen Certification Forms

  • AC 8060-55 – Change of Address, Airmen Certificate Holder
  • AC 8060-56– Application for Replacement of Lost, Destroyed, or Paper Airman Certificate(s)
  • FAA 8400-3 – Airman Certificate and/or Rating Application for Flight Engineers, Flight Navigators, Aircraft Dispatchers, and Control Tower Operators
  • FAA 8610-1 – Mechanic’s Application for Inspection Authorization
  • FAA 8610-2 – Airman Certificate and/or Rating Application for Mechanics, Repairman, and Parachute Riggers
  • FAA 8710-1 – Airman Certificate and/or Rating Application for Pilots, Flight Instructors and Ground Instructors
  • FAA 8710-11 – (Sport Pilot Only) Airman Certificate and/or Rating Application for Sport Pilot
  • FAA 8710-13 – (Remote Pilot Only) Remote Pilot Certificate and/or Rating Application
  • AC 8060-67 – Request Change of Airmen Certificate Number
  • AC 8060-68 – Request Copies of My Complete Airman File from the Airmen Certification Branch
  • AC 8060-69 – Request for Copies of My Complete Certification File to be Released to a Third Party
  • AC 8060-70 – Application for Replacement of Lost or Destroyed Knowledge Test Report(s)
  • AC 8060-71 – Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License, Rating, and Medical Certification
  • AC 8060-72 – FOIA Request (FROM AIRLINES) for Copies to 3rd Party

Page last modified: